- 2016 WDC International Design Open Call《Re-Create Taipei》 Build Our Own Parks, Design Brings Citizen Ambition
- HOW CAN DESIGN WEEKS ACHIEVE MORE? International Design Week Forum to build mutual support network and promote a flourishing international design industry！
- British Council and Taipei Fine Arts Museum present ‘New British Inventors: Inside Heatherwick Studio’
- 2017 Taipei Lantern Festival Highlight – Xibenyuan Temple Revivified
- Call for Submissions ：World Design Capital Taipei 2016 International Design Open Call
World Design Capital Taipei 2016 Convocation Ceremony
2016 was a year of celebrating design and design culture in Taipei as host of World Design Capital (WDC) – an international designation founded by the World Design Organization (Icsid). The WDC designation celebrates the accomplishments of cities that have used design as a tool to reinvent themselves and improve social, cultural and economic life.
We invite all those who have participated in WDC Taipei to join us during our final signature event!!.
The convocation ceremony, held at Songshan Cultural & Creative Park, warehouse 1, will highlight the achievements made during Taipei’s reign as World Design Capital and discuss its future legacy. It will also introduce and welcome Mexico City (CDMX) into the World Design Capital network of cities as Mexico City will host World Design Capital 2018.
Following the ceremony, a mini-forum will be held titled “Design x Life" with guest lecturers sharing their involvement in World Design Capital, their projects and plans for the future to extend World Design Capital Taipei’s legacy.
19:00-19:30 Registration and Check-in
19:30-20:00 Handover Ceremony
20:00-21:00 Design Forum – “Design + Life"
21:00– After party
WDC Taipei 2016