- 2016 WDC International Design Open Call《Re-Create Taipei》 Build Our Own Parks, Design Brings Citizen Ambition
- Call for Submissions ：World Design Capital Taipei 2016 International Design Open Call
- 2017 Taipei Lantern Festival Highlight – Xibenyuan Temple Revivified
- British Council and Taipei Fine Arts Museum present ‘New British Inventors: Inside Heatherwick Studio’
- WDC Taipei 2016 Design Ambassadors
Call for Submissions ：World Design Capital Taipei 2016 International Design Open Call
Call for Submissions
World Design Capital Taipei 2016 International Design Open Call
Open Call for Design Project
The World Design Capital (WDC) Taipei 2016 calls for proposals for at least 6 collaborative projects with aims to enhance participation of design communities around the world and broaden the global reach of WDC Taipei 2016’s marketing and communications. By embedding social design and involving citizens in the design process, the proposed projects should be collaborations between local and international teams to resolve Taipei’s various urban issues with innovative and practical designs.
Keywords: Social Design, Public Engagement, Glocalization, Public Service Design, Social Innovation, Social Entrepreneurship, Urban Regeneration, Universal Design, Sustainable Design, Smart Cities, Open Data…
The following proposals/parties will be considered with priority:
- A collaborative proposal between Taipei and an international team.
- An international team with a partnering Taipei team.
- An International team with previous project execution experience in Taipei.
- An international team without a partnering Taipei team which provides details on expected partners and a letter of intentions.
For teams applying for the subsidy, please fill out the project budget plan (Appendix 1) and include it in the proposal. The amount of funding will be determined based on the final selections by the review panel.
- Collaborative budgets exceeding NTD 5 million (USD 152 thousand approx.) are considered Supernova proposals
- Collaborative budgets requiring less than NTD 5 million (USD 152 thousand approx.) are considered Planet proposals.
A document containing important information for applicants, as well as the forms you need to fill in to apply, can be found attached below.
- Submission Guidelines: WDC Taipei 2016 International Design Open Call (including Appendices)
- Open Call Brief: WDC Taipei 2016 International Design Open Call Brief
The posted deadline for the current Open Call is 30 November 2015 (date as postmarked)
“Taiwan Design Center International Open Call Team”
No.133, Guangfu S. Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei City 110, Taiwan (R.O.C.)”
Mr. Yuda Ho│
Tel: +886-2-2745-8199 #464 Email: email@example.com
Ms. Linda Cao│
Tel: +886-2-2745-8199 #469 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supervisor│ Taipei City Government
Organizer│ Department of Cultural Affairs, Taipei City Government
Executed by│ Taiwan Design Center
WDC Taipei 2016